Uses for Banding in Underground DrillingUnderground drilling, also known as directional drilling is a trench-less method of installing underground pipe that may be used for conduit with wire or transporting oil or gas or other fluids. The directional drilling puts the pipe exactly where the operator wants it. The same process of directional drilling is used weather drilling vertically or horizontally.
If you need more information on how ISO banding is used in directional drilling, just give us a call. All of our banding is made from stainless steel, and of various strengths and corrosion resistance. All we sell is stainless band and the closure hardware and the tools to apply the band. We will help you select the correct parts and tools.
All of our stainless steel is made and processed in the USA, so you will not have concerns about quality.
Benefits of underground drillingUnderground drilling has become a major industry around the world, preserving the urban landscape to work effectively and within budget. It has proven to be significantly cheaper to go underground around obstacles than over them using other construction methods. Vertical drilling goes exactly where the operator wants to hit the oil, or whatever they may be drilling for.
Benefits of using stainless steel band for directional drilling
- Bundling and holding conduit while it is pulled through the casing (pipe)
- Alternative options when excavation or trenching is not practical
- Prevents damage to equipment inside the casing (pipe) projects
- Helps insure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Prevents future maintenance requirements and reworking the installation if the banding is correctly installed.
- Coupling of undersea multiple pipelines that are using banding with a plastic saddle.
- Bundling of automation and electrical tubing to pipe on drilling and production platforms.
- Running cable under rivers/canals to eliminate high overhead cable to allow any height ship to use the waterway.
Like many other established drilling services and solutions, ISO Stainless steel delivers measurable long term cost efficiencies and is a proven investment for operators and contractors alike. We offer a wide selection of stainless steel types including 201, 304, 316 and high nickels. There are also a wide variety of thickness and widths from ¼” up to 2” wide and .015 to .040 thick.
ISO Stainless provides solutionsTools - there are a large variety of tools used to correctly apply the stainless banding on most any job.
Buckles, wing seals and pusher seals - are available in a variety of sizes and types of stainless steel.
Banding coated and natural stainless steel – Banding is a core component that makes underground drilling possible. Some important things to keep in mind regarding banding include:
- The standard length is 100’. Other lengths are available on request.
- All of our stainless banding comes with a safety edge for safe handling.
- EMBOSSING is an important part of what is on the band. As the band is tightened the operator can see the letters moving through the nose piece of the tool, to know that the band is tightening. When the letters stop moving through the tool you know the band is as tight as it can get. (Stainless stretches about 40% so stop tensioning the band at that point.)
- Perhaps the most important part of the band is the 4 digit control number. This number is embossed into the band and will allow the material to be traced back to the certification that came from the mill.
- ISO is the only band manufacturer in the world that provides this extraordinary level of traceability. You can virtually get copies of the certifications that were issued 10 or 20 years ago.
The staff at ISO Stainless Steel is available to discuss any aspect of stainless steel and/or underground directional drilling. We ship all over the world, so, don’t be concerned about contacting us from anywhere in the world.